Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Sometime back i had ideas a lot
Where they are now i know not.
I google search my mind
But i find anything not.
The barren desert has become my mind,
Dead ideas becoming the vultures' find.
The hope of oasis burning bright
Shattering mirages putting a fight
By cutting the wings of my mind's flight
Undithered my mind moves on
Coming up with lines to write on
As the lines start pouring
My mind starts whirring….
The poem now has to end
As the oasis is just across the bend
Not the watery mirage which deceives
But the satisfaction which the soul receives
Proud of the battle-hard scars
Each one telling its own story
But the poem has its own story
One that is gory
But its dying a soldier's death
Proud of it deed
Of the fodder it gave my mind to feed
Bleeds as the blood spurt through the vein
Its soul rejoicing this bane
The content eyes it closes
The gushing blood not now oozes
And the poem is no more.
My mind saluties the sacrifice and hope you guys also pay due respects. :-)
Thursday, June 28, 2007
If you observe A, you would find him an endearing guy….its not that he is not….after all he is endearing to his girlfriend . He is pretty honest about most of the things and I think the diplomacy word is not in his dictionary . He never lives in the Golden Mean that Aristotle talks about. Everything for him is black or white…So we call him black & white TV….He is pretty loquacious guy, ofcourse that is when he is in deep, engaging, and long conversations with his girlfriend .. Other than this he likes movies but not on 70mm but on the PC… see another interesting fact .
If A was black & white TV, B is Onida TV He is the first guy I have ever seen who will give miss call in CUG…Talking about that a joke pops up in my mind..
What is the height of stinginess? Giving a missed call to a CUG no. hahaha
Sorry B, couldn’t help that but it just came right out of my mind. Well the reason I gave him the name Onida TV, because he is the neighbour’s envy…he’s got more no of girlfriends than all of us have combined . Ever heard of making a mountain out of a mole…well he is expert in making a mountain taller than Mt.Everest out of virtually nothing…Sorry friends my imagination ran out . I coudn’t think of better metaphor…Now you can understand B’s ability….
C is our IPTV. Everything about him is online …. Although it takes time for him to embrace new technology, but only he tries to explore newer technology….But since he is online most of the time, he becomes dis-oriented in real life….He tends to lose sense of direction, from where he came or where to go I think he is the first guy who is most afflcted with IT . I don’t know the name of the syndrome but it is pretty scary …
He is also the most gregarious of all of us and loves to dish out philosophies…Very interesting philosophies….like for Exit test, one should never study….. one should always give exit test without studying….and one can’t believe he cleare all his exit test based on this philosophy….Caution: For everybody else, he coudn’t clear UML in the first attempt…I am not responsible for anyone following this philosophy…
D in long line of TVs is the Grandfather TV in everybody’s house which only works when one gives a smack to it Well another joke pops out…
What is the height of height of stinginess? Acknowledging a missed call from a CUG no with a missed call hahaha
Sorry D…Again no hard feelings…. Well i called him GrandFather TV, as he is pretty lazy….You always have to push him, so that he can start working….Probably that is the reason why he never has a girl friend . he is always ready to do everything under the sun but never has seen him doing anything ….He is opposite of B..B likes to complicate things, D likes to simplify things…Ofcourse life is never so simple except in his mind…but he is content with it…so i do not disturb him
E is future of all TVs. He is Dish TV,IPTV, GrandFather TV all combined in one. The reason i put in Grandfather TV is that sometimes he has to be given a smack, else he is pretty fine …he follows JAVA to the core….loves multithreading…his life now consists only of different threads which he resumes anytime he requires . Occasionally he also does some Garbage Collection (GC) ….but GCs are done very infrequently. Thus his performance remains exemplary…. He still hasn’t started any new thread for girlfriends…so if anyone’s interested, can contact him
Well thats it…my room-mates can easily guess who i am talking about so i request them to not to spill the beans…for rest of them try to identify the people behind ABCDE…till then Happy Guessing!!!
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Laziness is always looking for a friend
It found me once and it has been around since then
Laziness is never waiting by the door
It sweeps right through and it will never be ignored
- Spoof of WestLife’s “Loneliness knows me by name”
Anyway laziness is not that bad….Following points will make my point clear
- First and foremeost advantage is you will find the fastest way of doing things as you do not want to do work all the time.
- And since you are on a mission to find a way to do the work faster, you will also become creative Next is since you are so lazy to do the work, you will delegate the work, obviously to a workalholic….thus you will come to learn the power of delegation.
- Since you are delegating, your team will feel more empowered and will always back you, since you are developing leadership qualities in them….
- Your friends will always help you when they see that you are lazy… Ofcourse if you go towards the extreme point of laziness then they will also stop helping…so exercise caution
- You will be more tending to sit back and relax, thus you can generate newer ideas faster and people will admire you for your brilliant ideas.
- Everybody around you will feel some empathy towards you as everyone will identify some part of themselves with you.
- You will also be the beacon of hope for others around you, as whenever they will be in difficuly, they only have to look at the amount of your pending work and they will heave a sigh of relief
- Also you will have a great family life as you will always be coming back home on time…and will be able to spend lots of time with your kids…
- Finally there will always be a smile on your face…you will be always living a contended life…Ofcourse you will have to work hard at deadlines but during those times even workalholic will be working….so again you will have a big smile
So thats it from my side…hope you may know some other advantages which i may have missed….
PS:- I want to thank Mukund as i got the idea from him and from my friend Sachin who is the Laziest Person in the World