Tuesday, April 30, 2013

[A-Z Challenge] X

 
Unknown I am
Sign of danger
I can be; yet I am
Just another letter

Very popular in math
Popular as unknown
Yet I help define
Line, Circles and parabolas

Popularity in math
Made me unpopular
In literature and
In other worlds

I was for the abstruse
Not worthy of the
Simplicity and elegance
of literature;they said

I was confined forever
To the scribblings of scientists
In their little diaries;
How dull are those diaries!

Yet abstractness made me
An exotic
Exoticism came in vogue
And made me famous

Now I sit proudly
Outside those diaries
Generation - X, X-Factor
I am in the popular culture

Yet I am still a humble letter
Those Romans liked to use
In every business transaction
And maybe I wanted just that!


Quirks of Life starting with X is the letter 'X'. Reading on it, I found  it to be very fascinating as it has different origins and has been used differently in many cultures. This is part of April A-Z challenge details of which is present here.


2 comments:

  1. Your poetry is amazing. New follower so I can continue to enjoy your writing.
    Connie
    A to Z'd to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made my day! Thank you very much!

      Delete